HIKING in Tyrol - FOR MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS & FANS OF MOUNTAIN PEAKS
Das Central - Mountain climbing in Tyrol becomes an experience:
On these demanding summit hikes, passionate hikers really get what they are after, and can fully enjoy the breathtaking views from lofty heights. Experienced fans of mountain peaks will find an extremely well-signposted hiking network, especially in the Ötztal hinterlands, and can conquer a different one of the many 3,000m-plus summits every day.
Demanding mountain tours in the Ötztal lead over steep tracks and mountain ridges to crystal-clear mountains and the most beautiful summits in the Ötztal. Here you can choose from a large number of different hikes – from a length of 10 km to 20 km, with walking times from 3 hours up to 8 hours. Savour unforgettable impressions mountain climbing in the Ötztal!
HIKING HIGHLIGHTS IN THE ÖTZTAL FOR MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS & FANS OF MOUNTAIN PEAKS
NEDERKOGL - SÖLDEN'S LANDMARK MOUNTAIN
- Starting Point: Sölden
- Duration: 4 - 5 hrs. I Distance: 4.82 km I Height in Metres: 1410 m
- The Nederkogel is Sölden's landmark mountain. It towers mightily above the forking of the Ötztaler Ache at the end of valley. The ascent via the Lenzenalm and the Nedersee is constantly steep, but this makes it all the more rewarding to see the magnificent panoramic view of the big 3,000ers of the Ötztaler and Stubaier Alpen. Sure-footedness and a lack of dizziness are necessary.
WILDSPITZE - THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN IN TYROL
- Starting Point: Vent
- Duration: 5 - 6 hrs. I Distance: 10.64 km I Height in Metres: 1.800 m
- The Wildspitze is the highest peak in the Ötztaler Alpen, the second-highest mountain in Austria and one of the most climbed glacial mountains in the Eastern Alps. There are several mostly simple ascents, but these must not be underestimated (crevasses, falling rocks). We recommend carrying out the ascent to the Wildspitze in 2 stages (overnight stay in the Breslauer Hütte). It is very strongly recommended to only carry out these tours accompanied by a mountain guide who knows the area! Sure-footedness and a lack of dizziness are necessary!
- Starting Point: Vent
- Duration: 5 hrs. I Distance: 13.67 km I Height in Metres: 1.200 m
- It is recommended that you carry out the ascent to the Similaun in 2 stages (overnight accommodation in the Martin-Busch-Hütte) and accompanied by an experienced mountain guide. Sure-footedness and a lack of dizziness are necessary! The site where Ötzi the Iceman was discovered is of course the big attraction on the way to the Similaun.
You can receive more hiking tips for your hiking holiday in the Ötztal
directly upon your arrival from the reception!